If you own a laptop, you probably rely on it for some pretty important stuff and should be aware of how long do laptop batteries last. Whether you need it for school assignments, office work, creative projects, keeping in touch with friends and family, or just having fun and exploring the internet, we know it means a lot to you. It can’t just die randomly!
That’s why many laptop owners are constantly asking themselves, “How long do laptop batteries last?” “How can I make a laptop battery last longer?” And on and on.
Our Battery Depot team wrote this helpful article to answer all those questions, and more. Best of luck!
How Long Do Laptop Batteries Last: 3 Important Things to Know
The first thing you need to realize about how long laptop batteries last is that the lifespan of a laptop’s battery depends on a wide variety of factors: the chemical composition of the battery, the age of the battery, its capacity (mAh), what types of programs you’re running on the laptop, and much more. It can range from one to six hours.
1. Many laptop batteries begin to fail within a year or two.
Over time, your battery’s lifespan will decrease; in other words, its capacity will diminish. The typical laptop battery has about 400 charge cycles (i.e., recharges) in it before it starts to experience significant capacity losses. What a bummer!
2. However, you can maximize the life of your current battery.
Here’s the good news. By following a few simple best practices, you can extend your battery’s projected lifetime. Contact us for more info.
3. We carry hundreds of laptop batteries at BatteryDepot.com!
When it comes time to purchase a replacement battery for your laptop, you don’t have to choose one that’s produced by the same company that made your laptop. In fact, we have plenty of great third-party options in our inventory.
Laptop Battery Replacements
Here at BatteryDepot.com, we carry tons of different types of laptop battery replacements. In fact, we have over 600 different products in our massive laptop battery inventory. Here’s a convenient overview of what you can find online…
- Laptop manufacturer: Acer, Apple, ASUS, Canon, Compaq, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP (Hewlett-Packard), IBM, Lenovo, Panasonic, Samsung, Siemens, Sony, Texas Instruments, Toshiba, etc.
- Battery manufacturer: Sanyo/FDK, Dantona, Denaq, Panasonic, Sanyo, Tadiran, and UltraLast®.
- Chemical composition: lithium (Li), lithium-ion (Li-Ion), lithium manganese dioxide (CR), lithium thionyl chloride (ER/TL/LS), or nickel-metal hydride (NiMH)—it’s completely up to you!
With that in mind, you know where to go if your laptop’s battery starts to run out of juice. When you shop with us, you can find high-quality products for affordable prices. Best of all, our laptop batteries last for as long as they claim. They won’t start to die before it’s time, so you can count on them to work.
Reach Out to Us at BatteryDepot.com with Any Remaining Questions!
We’d love to tell you more about our extensive inventory of replacement laptop batteries. If you have any more questions about “how long do laptop batteries last” get in touch with us today: You can email us, find us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.